World Lebanese Cultural Union (WLCU)
WLCU marches with the Lebanese Army in the 68th Independence Day ceremony.
The World Lebanese Cultural Union is an independent non-governmental organization (INGO) associated with the Department of Public Information (DPI) of the United nation.
WLCU was founded in Mexico City in 1959 and today WLCU has a worldwide presence and more than 357 legally registered chapters in 35 major cities.
The World Lebanese Cultural Union Mission:
WLCU is a non-sectarian, a non-profit and a non-political organization to:
- Preserve Lebanese culture, heritage, identity and homeland as an independent democratic country, which promotes human rights, freedom and justice.
- Encourage and promote the cultural, social, touristic and economic activities between the world and Lebanon.
- Connect and unite descendants of Lebanese origin and friends of Lebanon into one worldwide organization.
- Contribute positively and be model citizens, through our local chapters and clubs.
- Actively contribute to charitable organizations in our local communities and Lebanon.